Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is the PA Research Foundation and the competition is Support the Duck Stop Cancer.
- Entry is only open to Australian residents who are not employees or immediate family members residing under employee’s home address.
- Entry is not open for PA Research Foundation Directors or immediate family members residing under Directors home address.
- There is no limit on entries.
- The prizes will be awarded in a single draw.
1. This competition, Support the Duck Stop Cancer is conducted by the PA Research Foundation,ABN 66 114 027 649, of Ground Floor, Building 1, 199 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba, Qld, 4102.
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who:
- Are residents live in Australia
- Are not employees of the Promoter or any of its Board and
- are not a spouse, de facto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or Board member residing under the same roof.
4. Competition entry commences 12 August 2015 and closes on Sunday 12:30pm 18 October 2015 (“Entry Period”). All postal orders close on Wednesday 14 October 2015 and internet orders will be closed at Wednesday 14 October 2015 . All times and dates are times and dates in Brisbane.
ENTRY TO COMPETITION
5. All entries will receive a corresponding “Duck Ticket” (ticket). The number on the ticket will correspond with the number on a race duck.
6. All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
7. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the Promoter. An entrant MUST, within 7 days of being asked, at the Promoter’s cost allow the Promoter to inspect and copy any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win.
8. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant:
- fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter’s satisfaction; or
- fails to produce items as required by condition 7 or produces items that are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or
- tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or
- Submits an entry which in the Promoter’s opinion is not in accordance with these conditions.
9. All entries made by post become the property of the Promoter.
10. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
DRAW AND PRIZE
11. The draw will be held at approx. 1pm (depending on tidal conditions) on Sunday 18 October 2015 at Brisbane River, Riverside Drive, West End, Brisbane, Queensland.
12. The Eligible Entrant whose numbered duck is the first to cross the finish line will win: A car of their choice from Motorama to the retail value of $40,000. The retail prize value can be used to purchase or part purchase any combination of New Holden, HSV, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Kia or Used Car at list/retail price. Accessories not included. No discounts apply. Any unused portion of the prize value will be forfeited. The Eligible Entrant whose numbered duck is the second to cross the finish line will win: A Stessco Tripper 349 tinnie and trailer from Port of Brisbane worth $10,000. The Eligible Entrant whose numbered duck is the third to cross the finish line will win: A $5,800 travel voucher.
13. The Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, declare the first sold duck to cross the line invalid if the Promoter fails to establish a perfect match between the number on the sold duck and the matching ticket, or the winning ticket is illegible or incomplete. In these circumstances the 2nd sold duck over the line will be the winner and the 3rd duck over the finish line will be the 2nd winner. The Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, declare the second sold duck to cross the line invalid if the Promoter fails to establish a perfect match between the number on the sold duck and the matching ticket, or the winning ticket is illegible or incomplete. In these circumstances the 3rd sold duck over the line will be the winner. And if this is declared ineligible the next sold duck over the line will be the winner and so on until a clear and correct winner is established.
14. All prizes are valued as at August 2015. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in prize value.
15. If any prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if the prize is unavailable for any reason.
16. The winner will be notified by phone (if the phone number was submitted by contestant).The winner will also be notified in writing which will be sent:
- by post to the address indicated in the entry (if the entry was submitted by post); or
- by e-mail to the e-mail address indicated in the entry (if the entry was submitted by internet).
- The notification may include instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
17. The name of the winner will be published in The Courier Mail Wednesday week after the conduct of the competition
18. The name of the prize winner will also be published at www.supporttheduck.org.au within 7 days of the prize being won for a period of at least 1 week.
19. Subject, where relevant, to any directions given under the legislation regulating the Competition, if any prize is not claimed by a winner within 3 months of the draw; or forfeited for any reason, the prize will be awarded to the second eligible sold duck to cross the finish line.
20. In order to be entitled to the prize, the winner must, if requested by the Promoter, agree to and sign: an eligibility form confirming their compliance with the conditions and eligibility to accept the prize; and a liability release in favour of the Promoter and/or any person or other entity associated with this Competition. A winner who does not comply with this condition forfeits their prize.
21. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for its conduct.
22. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
- any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise,
- Any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications;
- Any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition.
23. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
24. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
26. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the “Relevant Parties”) exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or the prize, including:
- any indirect, economic or consequential loss;
- any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party;
- any liability for personal injury or death.
27. The winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter’s products.
28. Entrants personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise its winner(s). The personal information of the winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including the Competition administrator, prize suppliers and deliverers, and to regulatory authorities. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at the address Ground Floor, Building 1, 199 Ipswich Rd, Woolloongabba, Qld 4102 or by email – firstname.lastname@example.org for any corrections of personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win a prize.
29. Authorised by the Queensland Office of Gaming Regulation Licence No. 73247.